Board of Directors
Fax: (806) 894-5349
Community Living Assistance and Support Services (CLASS) provides home and community based services to people with related conditions as a cost effective alternative to placement in an intermediate care facility. (A related condition is a disability, other that mental retardation, that originated before age 22 and that effects the ability to function in daily life.)
Community Living Assistance and Support Services
• Assistance with Activites of Daily Living
• Skilled Nursing Care
• Occupational Therapy
• Physical Therapy
• Speech Therapy
• Psychological Services
• Adaptive Aids
• Home Modifications
• Habilitation Training
• Specialized Therapies
Requirements for Eligibility and Financial Guidelines:
• Must meet Medicaid eligibility via SSI or traditional Medicaid Program.
• Must have incurred disability prior to age 22 to be eligible.
• Typical disabilities include cerebral palsy, spina bifida, muscular dystrophy, autism, spinal cord and tramatic brain injuries.
• Must have exhausted Private Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid, Vocational Rehab, ISD Special Education, and Medicaid Comprehensive Care Program (CCP) prior to using CLASS program to pay for services these entities provide.
To Request Services
To apply for services, call DHS toll-free 1-877-438-5658. Please be prepared to provide Social Security and Medicaid numbers, type of disability, age of the onset of the disability, date of birth, address, and telephone number of the person to be placed on the interest list.
Counties Coverage Area
• Deaf Smith
CLASS Program Contact
© Copy Write 2015 - South Plains Community Action Association
An Equal Opportunity Employer & Programs
Auxiliary Aids and Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Relay Texas (800) 735-2989 (TDD) or (800)735-2988 voice