Board of Directors
Fax: (806) 894-5349
Who are Senior Companions?
Senior Companions are healthy older adults who help other adults live independently. Senior Companions provide support to family caregivers. They assist with grocery shopping and other daily tasks necessary to maintaining independence.
Without the help of Senior Companions, many older adults would not be able to continue living at home and would need more expensive, less personal care.
How to become a Companion to someone
Can you be a Senior Companion to someone?
• Are over 55 years of age;
• Can volunteer 20 hours a week;
• Have a limited income; and
• Love to help their neighbors.
Senior Companions become part of a team of caregivers. They alert doctors and family members to potential health problems. Senior Companions also provide short periods of relief to primary caregivers such as family members.
You don't need medical or technical skills to be a Senior Companion. All you need to know is how to be a friend.
Senior Companions offer adults contact with the world outside of their homes and make their lives less lonely. Along the way, Senior Companions find out that few things feel as good as knowing you're needed.
As a Senior Companion, you'll receive:
• Pre-service and on-going training;
• An annual physical examination;
• Supplemental insurance;
• Help with meal and transportation costs;
• A small stipend for those who qualify; and
• The joy of helping others live on their own.
The individuals helped by Senior Companions receive:
• Assistance with important daily tasks;
• Encouragement to remain active;
• A helping hand to make sure they take their medicine;
• A watchful eye to notice when they need extra care; and
• A friendship that can last a lifetime.
Counties Coverage Map
Cochran County Center
308 West Taylor Ave.
Morton, Tx. 79346
Hockley County Center
411 Austin St.
Levelland, Tx. 79336
Terry County Center
111 North D St.
Brownfield, Tx. 79316
Lynn County Center
1629 Avenue J
Tahoka, Tx. 79373
Garza County Center
1600 South Highway 84
Post, Tx. 79356
Senior Companion Contact
© Copy Write 2015 - South Plains Community Action Association
An Equal Opportunity Employer & Programs
Auxiliary Aids and Services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
Relay Texas (800) 735-2989 (TDD) or (800)735-2988 voice