Website South Plains Community Action
This position entails mainly specific tasks that are technical and diverse in nature and requires the capacity for independent judgment and action and the ability to work with others to accomplish program goals and objectives and integration of program activities to achieve comprehensive program services for eligible children and families. The normal work hours vary but are from 7:15 – 4:15, M-F, but may be varied by supervisor to accommodate all hours the center is open.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Head Start is committed to establishing a learning environment in which children, parents, and staff can teach and learn from one another. All Head Start Staff shall agree to abide by the program’s standards of conduct introduced during pre-service and/or orientation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works collaboratively with supervisor to ensure all Head Start Performance Standards, The Head Start Act, and TDFPS Minimum standards are implemented as set forth in the SPCAA Head Start and Early Head Start policies and procedures.
- Actively conduct outreach for Head Start eligible families throughout a 12-month period. Recruitment applications must be accepted all year and submitted to the Monitoring team upon completion. From the list of eligible children with the greatest needs, the FSW must coordinate Selection with the ERSEA Coordinator.
- Ensure Head Start 30, 45 and 90-day program requirements are met and maintained.
- Engages in mutually respectful goal-oriented partnerships with families to promote parent-child relationships and family well-being. Documented two-way communication must be present with all enrolled families and documented in Family Services in Child Plus.
- Become proficient in utilization of Child Plus to maintain program records and validate services provided to children and families.
- Coordinate with Site Leader (as applicable) to ensure TDFPS files contain required Health Statements and required Immunization information.
- Respects and responds appropriately to the culture, language, values, and family structures of each family served.
- Supports families’ safety, health, financial stability, life goals and aspirations.
To apply for this job please visit www.spcaa.org.