Website South Plains Community Action
This position entails mainly specific tasks that are technical and diverse in nature and requires the capacity for independent judgment and action and the ability to work with others to accomplish program goals and objectives and integration of program activities to achieve comprehensive program services for eligible children and families. Regular work hours are 8 am to 5 pm; however extended hours will be required. SPCAA Head Start staff must be able to adapt to flexible work schedules as established by management.
JOB TITLE SUMMARY
Head Start is committed to establishing a learning environment in which children, parents, and staff can teach and learn from one another. To accomplish this goal, staff must display sensitivity to and knowledge of the community’s cultural differences and issues. All Head Start Staff shall agree to abide by the program’s standards of conduct introduced during pre-service and/or orientation. Employee orientation, pre-service and in-service training are provided in order to assist staff and volunteers in acquiring or increasing the knowledge and skills needed to fulfill their job responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for the provision of Health Services that meet or exceed Head Start Performance Standards, The Head Start Act, ongoing guidance from the Office of Head Start, and TDFPS Minimum Standards, by developing and implementing policies and procedures.
- Review medical and dental exams of Head Start children
- Maintain Vocational Nurse license by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners
- Alert staff of follow-up issues by coordinating with the Health Manager
- Conduct 30day reviews of follow-up services provided via review of data and files to assure appropriate progress and completion of follow-ups.
- Be available to staff for consultation on health issues as needed. Availability can be from remote locations or on-site
- Work with staff to ensure accurate data for health (medical and dental) issues
- Be focused on excellence and continuous improvement
- Ensure that clients of all races, religions, family backgrounds, and cultures are treated with respect and consideration
- Capture, value and appropriately document In-Kind, non-federal share
OTHER RESPONSIBILITES OR JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ensure time sheets are submitted accurately and timely on a bi-weekly basis.
- Ensure any on-the-job accidents are reported immediately and followed-up with appropriate forms.
- Report any suspected fraud and abuse to the direct supervisor or SPCAA Fraud and Abuse Officer
- Licensed Vocational Nurse by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners
- 1 year of Licensed Vocational Nurse experience
- Experience working with young children preferred
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively
- Demonstrated ability of computer skills
- Available for a moderate amount of night and weekend work.
- Must be willing to take and pass a drug/alcohol test and comply with the “Drug Free”: Agency Policy
- Must be able to pass regular criminal history checks.
- Must submit to TB tests as required.
- Must possess ability to provide reliable self-transportation capable of regional travel. Must possess and maintain valid Texas motor vehicle operator’s permit of appropriate classification and endorsement as required. Must agree to maintain a satisfactory MVR and minimum requirement of insurability as required by law. MVR background checks may be conducted by the agency.
- Must comply with the Health Requirements and Preventative Health Practices procedure
- The usual requirements in an office environment may require lifting boxes of supplies, equipment and occasional adjustments of office furniture.
- Occasional pushing, pulling, lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time.
- May require long periods of standing or walking.
- Occasional bending or squatting required.
- Ability to drive, occasionally long distances.
- Noise level could be moderate to loud in working in center.
- Ability to work in stressful environment and deal effectively with stress.
- Ability to perform duties and adapt to flexible work schedules as established by management.
- Normal to heavy travel – ability to travel for activities such as meetings, classes, and workshops in and out of the service area.
Must be able to travel by air as needed to attend training, conferences, and related activities
To apply for this job please visit www.spcaa.org.